I’m thrilled that you’re visiting! You’ve taken the first step on your journey toward optimal health and wellness.
Laura Lagano Nutrition LLC is a nutrition counseling and communications practice that believes food and other lifestyle choices can dramatically alter health and wellness.
My core belief system concerns the interaction among health status, lifestyle, and genetics. The food you eat, the air you breathe, your personal relationships, how you exercise your body and mind interact with your genes to influence your health – positively or negatively.
Why Select Laura Lagano Nutrition?
- I am experienced. I’ve immersed myself in the world of food and nutrition since that fateful day sometime in the late ’70s as part of kulcha (aka: culture) class at my Brooklyn high school when I set foot in the test kitchens of Good Housekeeping magazine. From that day forward, I knew that I wanted to devote my life to the field of food and nutrition.
- I have the only nutrition practitioner credential (Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist) permitted to provide Medical Nutrition Therapy (MNT). This means that your insurance company may cover my services.
- I am a Registered Dietitian/Nutritionist (RDN) who integrates my classical background in nutrition with cutting-edge training with the Institute of Functional Medicine. As I continue with this training, I am poised to be among a handful of RDNs world-wide to be certified as a Functional Medicine Practitioner.
- As a past spokesperson for the New Jersey Dietetic Association and with my nearly 30 years as an RDN, I am considered a nutrition expert. I have appeared on radio and television including The Food Network, Fox, CNN, and others and have been quoted in and written for numerous publications including The New York Times, Glamour, Cooking Light, Web MD, and more. My expertise becomes your advantage.
- I understand the unique needs of your special needs child and your family. Through nutrition and with other therapists, I healed my special needs daughter who had apraxia, a seizure disorder, and autism-like characteristics. This experience provides me with deep insight as both a parent and a healthcare professional.
- Last but not least, my graduate degree in Nutrition Education is from Columbia University, where I am a doctoral candidate in Nutrition & Health Education, and my Bachelor of Science in Dietetics is from SUNY Oneonta.
What to Expect
Here’s what happens after you make an appointment to consult with me in my Nutrition in My Kitchen program.
- I will email you forms to complete that provide me with a overview of your health. Filling out the forms at your home in your time-frame, gives you the opportunity to provide more thoughtful answers.
- At your appointment in Hoboken, I will warmly welcome you into my parlor and kitchen where the atmosphere is relaxed and bathed in sunshine. Clients tell me time and time again that they LOVE my personal Nutrition in My Kitchen sessions.
- Because your nutrition counseling takes place in my kitchen, rather than a clinic or office, I will show you actual food that you can taste and enjoy. You have the opportunity to see first-hand the contents of my pantry and refrigerator and what I feed my family. My clients report that it’s comforting to know that I practice what I preach!
- I will refer to your at-home completed assessment forms as a guideline for questions and conversation about your past and current health status, your challenges, and your goals.
- My view of your healthcare is holistic. I consider various aspects of your lifestyle and where you are on your personal journey toward optimal wellness.
- As a healthcare practitioner, I rely on a combination of scientific evidence and clinical experience to integrate mainstream nutrition with cutting-edge practices to provide you with the optimal plan for your optimal wellness.
- Think of me as Lagano, PI (aka: Private Investigator), ferreting out the root causes of your symptoms and dis-ease and creating your individualized Holistic Nutrition & Lifestyle Plan.
- As client & practitioner, we will work as a team and travel together on your journey toward optimal wellness. Along the way, I help you navigate through the roadblocks you encounter.
- Ultimately, I will empower you to become a player in your health instead of a spectator. As a client of mine, you will be inspired to take charge of your health, making mindful lifestyle decisions.
- To meet the needs of all clients, I also offer consults in Manhattan and using Skype video chat.